Reno Orthopedic Clinic is taking extra precautions to provide the safest environment possible during the ongoing international outbreak of COVID-19.
Reno Orthopedic Clinic Patients:
Over the past few weeks, it has become clear that the world is facing an unprecedented challenge. Like you, we are deeply concerned and want to do what we can to help keep our communities and our families safe and healthy.
On behalf of Reno Orthopedic Clinic, we want to publish a personal note to let you know how we are responding to the situation. We are humbled by your selection of Reno Orthopedic Clinic for your orthopedic and musculoskeletal medical needs. We take our responsibility to our patients, visitors, our employees and our partners very seriously.
From the onset of this situation, we have been listening to the appropriate sources for accurate and up-to-date information, and our preparedness plan reflects those inputs. As things evolve, we are actively monitoring the situation, assessing risks, and are ready to implement immediate changes to ensure a high level of safety. We will continue to communicate in a timely and transparent way so you can continue to seek treatment with confidence.
What We Are Doing:
- We are screening everyone that enters the building at all ROC locations. Please plan to arrive a few minutes early for your appointment. Screenings will happen before entering or just inside the building.
- You will be asked the following questions. If you answer YES to any of these questions, please consider rescheduling your appointment, or scheduling a virtual appointment by calling us at 775-786-3040:
- Have you traveled beyond a 100-mile radius of Reno in California? Have you traveled to another state or have been on an international flight that connects through another state?
- Do you have any acute respiratory signs or symptoms?
- Shortness of Breath
- Sore Throat
- Fever of 100.1 of higher
- Do you share a household with a confirmed positive COVID-19 case and/or is someone in your household suspected/being tested for COVID-19?
- ROC takes pride in our already rigorous cleaning standards and we have already introduced additional cleaning procedures, along with increasing the number of wipes, hand sanitizers, and other cleaning materials available for patients at entrances, reception and check-in. We will also offer these products throughout our offices and other facilities for you, visitors, physicians, and employees to use as needed.
- Elective cases have been suspended at hospitals due to concerns of preserving supplies should an outbreak occur. The Reno Orthopedic Surgery Center will remain open, but we have increased our screening requirements to be approved for surgery.
- We are discontinuing the practice of handshaking.
- If you don’t feel comfortable sitting in our waiting room, we are giving everyone the option of waiting in their car until an exam room is open. We have parking ambassadors who will let our office staff know if you choose to wait in your car and will contact you when a room is ready.
- We are requesting that you only bring companions who are essential to the care of the patient. Otherwise, we are requesting that family members wait in the car.
- Our staff is taking sensible steps to help protect our team of physicians, other providers and employees. This means fewer meetings, limiting travel, and making it easier for our personnel to take the time they need to care for themselves or their families in the event they are directly affected by COVID-19.
- We are monitoring new developments so that we can quickly adapt and continue to provide the services you need and the best possible experience at our facilities despite the added safety and security.
We recognize this is a challenging time for all, and we remain deeply committed to the safety of our patients, visitors, and all employees. Our patients and employees are the heart of our company and we look forward to welcoming and serving you wherever and however you choose. Please take care of yourselves and each other.